Sunday, February 27, 2011

We are the champions!!

Since the end of November I have spent every Tuesday night and Saturday afternoon with a great set of girls - The Sting. I was a coach with UPWARD basketball and we did great and ended with a record of 10-2 .... the best record in our division.

The last game ended with a last second shot, and we lost. Tears were shed but I was kind of happy to see that there is a passion for the game that most of them had never played. They are able to see the potential in themselves and the meaning of teamwork.



I also never knew that 4th-6th grade games/parents/referees could be so fierce!

2 comments:

  1. Margo, you are to be commended for the time spent with these girls. It could be a life changing experience for them. I'm sure they learned skills they can apply off the basketball court as well. Gr. B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I guess the basketball coaching skills run in the Moran family! You are an inspiration, Mrs. Shanks!

    ReplyDelete