Saturday, February 19, 2011

Powder room Re-do

A few weeks ago I hinted about plans for a new upstairs bathroom. Well, I have been working on it VERY slowly... and its still not completely done but here is a sneak peak at our almost done new bathroom.

BEFORE:


AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

The color is a light grey but it looks purple sometimes which I love! The original color was all white walls and as part of the makeover, I painted the walls yellow. But I did not like it. So I painted again. That is part of the reason it has taken so long.

I mentioned that it is not completely done. The black and while checkered floor that you see has not been installed. There is some apprehension about tiling under the toilet...we have not had good luck with toilets around here.

Also, the faucet has not been replaced.

Finally, I want to extend the molding that abruptly stops at the mirror.

I will be sure to post those changes later but for now, ENJOY!

Linked to:
The DIY Show Off

15 comments:

  1. Amazing how changing some colors around can completely take a room from "blah" to "aah." Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you've done looks great! I love your floor. Good luck with installing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done a great job, Margo ! Maybe you should be an interior decorator. What will you do for projects when you whole house is done? Gr. B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another redo! I love it! You should definitely post about your process and do a how-to, and not just before and afters! I love what you're doing and I'm totally inspired to start tackling my painting projects! I've just never done it before!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, Margo! Looks beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What color did you use? Is it Benjamin Williams? It looks great! (Oh, and what color white?)

    We're about to start painting in our new house and I think I've chosen Iced Cube Silver and White Dove - but this color could persuade me to change my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Genie.... the color is Sherwin Williams. It is called Zenith. The white is from Home Depot. It is the stock white Americana paint.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's looking great! I love the painted vanity and new white counter.

    I'm looking forward to following you.

    Have a great day.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely transformation! Did you paint the counter or is it new?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great--what did you use to paint the vanity? I am about to start on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Impressive! Did you paint the counter or replace it? Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. PLEASE tell me how to paint countertops. I have 30 year old 'butcher block' and am not ready for a complete kitchen redo, but if I could paint them it would make such a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good job--it's always exciting to redo a space! We've been redoing our kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow what a difference! Looks great! I'd love it if you'd link this to the party too.

    Anna
    www.askannamoseley.com

    Here's the link:
    http://www.askannamoseley.com/2011/05/weekend-warrior-link-party-4.html

    ReplyDelete