Sunday, July 14, 2013

Week 2 in D.C.

Monday
I started the week by visiting a chidhood friend of mine and her cute family.

They took me out to eat at a really good Afgan Restaurant.

Tuesday
I spent most of the day shopping :) I visited stores that I have never been into but shop online with.
Also, I had to find some supplies for the store and that involved a long trip to Wal-Mart.

Wednesday
I went to the Beauru of Engraving and Printing. That was very interesting but no pictures were allowed.

Thursday
I visited the Freer Gallery. Not my favorite.

 

Friday
We planned to meet after work at the restaurant next door. So I was able to explore a new part of town - Dupont Circle.
 
I visited the Phillips Gallery. They had a few Monet and Picasso art pieces. 



 This one made me feel like I was in the fourth book of Narnia.
 We had dinner at Thaiphoon, a really good Thai place.

 Saturday
We headed out to the National Geographic Museum.
They had a VERY large exhibit on pirates....but the permanent exploration exhibits were great!


 First volume ever - 1894.
  Then we headed to the Museum of American History.

Julia Child's kitchen was on display. 


 The Woolworth's counter in Greensboro.
 Dorthy's slippers.

Sunday
We started the day with a walk around the Tiday Basin to see a few Memorials.
The Vietnam Memorial.
The new MLK Memorial.





The FDR Memorial.
 



 The Jefferson Memorial.


 Then we headed to the Smithsonian Museum of Air and Space.








Another fun week in D.C.
Next week we hope to visit the aquarium, the zoo, and a Nationals Baseball game!

No comments:

Post a Comment