Wednesday, January 13, 2016

People Parent Differently.

Parenting is hard. It's even harder when we pretend that it's not.
One of the biggest lessons I have learned about parenting (and I think has kept our marriage strong) is that everyone parents differently. I remind myself of this often. We change diapers differently. We play differently. We feed her differently. We use the stroller differently. We drive her around in the car differently. BUT. the diapers get changed. She is well played with. She eats. She gets to school. And she is loved every step of the way.

I would never do this.

 Me: "Why are walking around with that doll on your shoulder?"
Neil: "She (Reyna) asked me to."
I would never do that.
 I would never THINK to do this. LoL.
 I don't read with her like this.
... but I'm glad he does. 
 She loves him for who he is. They have inside jokes, Private conversations, and their own ritual because they have their own relationship! I am so thankful for it. 

I'm sure that there are tons of things that he would 'never do' that I do, but we won't talk about those ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment