Monday, February 17, 2014

Home Remedies.

Neil has been having trouble hearing out of one ear. It started with a cold so we thought that it might be helpful to use "El Con". This is a home remedy that my grandmothers used all the time. I remembering being so scared of it. You roll up some newspaper into a cone and insert the tip in the hear. Then. You light it on fire!
I think the theory is that the heat takes out water or air. I remember it working most of the time. When the person feels the ear open (or pop), smoke comes out of the top of the cone. Neil didn't get to feel that but it did seem to loosen or open his ear a little.

 
It still makes me nervous.
 
For earaches my grandmother used to heat up olive oil, dip a cotton ball in it, and sprinkle it with pepper.
 
Any other home remedies for ear problems?

No comments:

Post a Comment