Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Nursery Sneak Peak.

The nursery is coming together and I am finally putting on the finishing touches.
I needed a few small pieces for the wall. Knowing we wanted a travel theme, it was pretty difficult to find prints in the right colors and/or size. Plus, I liked the idea of using small items from our travels as well as being intentional about which places are meaningful to us.

I pulled a few small pieces together, looked for empty frames in storage, and used fabric from nursery projects. I spray painted the frames to match the room.

I found the OHIO flag for like $0.40! They had a few different states but I knew I wouldn't use all of them and OHIO is where my Iowa Dad is from. The fabric is from the quilt I made.

When shopping at Hobby Lobby, I spotted these small wooden US cut outs. They are about 3 inches wide. I thought they were so cute and at $0.25 each, I picked up a couple, not knowing what to do with them. When I found out it fit perfectly in this already matted frame, I painted it with left over paint from another project.

This small peach frame was $1 at Michaels and I bought it just because the color was perfect. I put in a coin from Belize, one from Mexico, and one from Thailand.

The GPS locator picture is and idea I saw on a pillow on Etsy. I used leftover fabric and a sharpie  for the words.


The big one below is a cut out of Belize where we did mission work and fell in love <3 p="">
I just used scrapbook paper and leftover fabric.

I made this banner for over the crib using wood letters on cardboard. 

 Hope you enjoy the sneak peak. Hopefully the full tour will come soon. Just waiting on a couple more pieces to get done.


No comments:

Post a Comment