In a recent post, I mentioned a couple of fun ideas that I wanted to tackle one of these days. Well, I got around to actually doing one! I decided to take on the burlap table runner. I made it up as I went along but I learned a lot!
1)Burlap is VERY difficult to sew - I broke two needles!
2) Burlap sheds...a lot
3) Making a ruffle is not as easy as it looks.
Still, it came out ok. There are things I would do differently, though.
For one, I would definately wash the fabric a couple of times (like 3) before cutting or sewing it. This helped with the shedding and make it softer.
Here is my inspiration:
Here is my attempt:
Stay tuned for more!