Thursday, February 26, 2015

Measuring Up.

I have been seeing these growth charts floating around Pintrest for awhile and knew I was going to tackle this project. First I fell in love with these wooden ones.

Then I realized I would have to put more holes in the wall AND it would hurt if it fell on Baby! 

Then I saw these vinyl ones but realized it would not travel with us if we move. 

Then I came across this fabric from Spoonflower. I got the wrong version but made it work anyways. 
(The correct version is here.)


The version I bought is missing the section from 3-3.5. Luckily, the yard came with enough that I could borrow from another tape. I just sewed the pieces together and then a 1/4 inch hem all the way around. I added the black patches to make it look like a measuring tape. The patches are used for patching up holes on slacks. They are iron on and came in a pack of two for $1.50 from Wal-Mart.



These are the two sections I had to sew together. The other version would only require one cut not two :(


With a 1st birthday quickly approaching, we start our annual measurements :(  :) I don't know how to feel about that...

No comments:

Post a Comment