Sunday, August 18, 2013

DIY Coat rack.

When I started thinking about how to decorate my office, I knew I needed a coat rack. Mostly to keep my purse off the floor and have an umbrella handy since it won't be used for coats very often here in Texas :)
I also didn't want to spend much any money. After gathering a bunch of stuff into a pile, a light bulb went off.

I used this old shutter I got at Laverty's about three years ago. I used it as a earring display a couple of years ago.
 I also had this metal coat hanger from hobby lobby that was in my college apartment.

This was the simplest DIY I have done.
The first step was to wipe everything down...the had been in our shed for a bit.
Then I decided to take off this wood panel at the top of the shutter.

 I have no idea what is was for or why I didn't take it off sooner.
 I just used a flathead screwdriver to pry it off.

I used a decorative upholstery nail to put the coat rack onto the middle of the shutter.
 The finished project.

 I like it and it will do the job!

No comments:

Post a Comment