Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Glorification of Busy.





Busy-ness. Its an excuse. Its an addiction. Its a way of life. 
I hate it! I don't believe anyone wants to live a busy life. A full life? Yes. A busy one? Probably not. 

Busyiness makes you miss out on life. That's where I am now. In the middle of battling busyness.

- working 7 of the next 8 weekends.
- responding to store emails everyday.
- product research to make sure that prices and image of the store is up to par with similar items.
- rewriting a new edition of the Dining Guide at work.
- doing Rosetta Stone 3 hours a week.
- journaling daily.
- keeping in touch with family.
- planning a trip around the world.
- filling 32 etsy orders in three days! And they are still coming in! (guess all that research paid off)
- preparing/presenting to Baylor faculty and staff.
- on that note, lots of hoping ;)
- keeping a house clean.
- cooking healthy meals at least 5 days a week.

One of my professors used to say this all the time: 

I know I am stretching myself thin and not doing any of these things well.  I want to make sure that I am spending QUALITY time with my best friend.  QUALITY time with my Bible. Providing QUALITY work.

So I have been taking inventory and cutting back where needed.  
Giving mom some etsy orders. Catching up on emails AFTER the BFF is asleep. Abusing my crockpot. blogging less. taking flex time to workout and do Rosetta Stone. Avoiding Facebook.

All this to say, sorry for the blogging inactivity!
I will catch you up soon!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you can take a deep breath and your work load will level out !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does your blog have a contact page? I'm having trouble locating it but, I'd like to shoot you
    an e-mail. I've got some creative ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great site and I look forward to seeing it improve over time.

    Feel free to visit my weblog :: diets that work

    ReplyDelete