Sunday, March 17, 2013

No sew curtains.

I have been searching for curtain fabric for the kitchen window for a really long time. I put up some temporary ones until I found something else. I came across this website called SPOONFLOWER and they sell awesome fabric!! Anything and everything you could think of...bacon? Got it.

 ....pickles? got it.

....scrabble??? Got it!
I've got to figure out how to use that fabric!!

After searching "yellow and brown" to match the paint colors in the kitchen I narrowed it down to a few fabrics and Neil got to choose...and he did great!
The fabric showed up at our door about 5 days later and i got to work. I was busy lazy so I tried a no- sew- method. I ironed out about a 1 inch hem all the way around the fabric and layed down a piece of adhesive tape between the fold.

 
I put an iron to it for 30 seconds and about 3 minutes later....the whole thing was done. The hems looked great! Probably better than if I sewed it.
I created a little pocket on the top for the curtain and put it up. It matches well and was so easy!


I have since used the tape for the hem of some dress pants, the lining of a purse, and trim on another curtain!


3 comments:

  1. We can sure learn a lot from you, Margo. Love the curtain. It is cheery and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to keep us posted if the tape holds for a long time or if the adhesive will give way as time goes on. What a great alternative for not sewing! Loving your attempts at new things and getting that husband of yours involved. I think I've said this before, if you guys ever move up north, you would fit right in our little "treasure" group. Keep up the good work!
    Terry G.-Mtown, IA

    ReplyDelete