Sunday, February 17, 2013

I won.

Everyday on the way home from work I listen to 1660 ESPN sports talk radio.
They have a trivia contest everyday but I never know the answer. Well the other day, they made an announcement that the first person that came through the door could get two tickets to the Baylor women's basketball game. Well, whaddya know. I happened to be literally down the street for a meeting when I got in my car and heard the announcement so I hurried over there. I barged through the door and over excitedly asked if they were still available. They were. I won the tickets!

Well this week they had a segment where you could call in and talk about the boy's basketball game that night. If you made it on the air, you were entered into a drawing to win 2 tickets to the Texas Sports Hall of Fame. I called and after being put on hold for about 15 minutes, I was on the air. That was exciting! Then as we were on our way to the game I got the message that I won the tickets!

Waco has the Texas Sports Hall of Fame museum and they induct new hall of famers every year. The tickets run $200 each and include a reception and a banquet!
 This year some of the inductees are.....
DREW BREES!
SHAQ
and
RICKY WILLIAMS

So, we will spend our Monday evening with those guys! 
Pictures to come soon.


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it !!! You certainly were in the right place at the right time. Good for you. Will anxiously await the pictures.

    ReplyDelete