Thursday, May 24, 2012

My New Silhouette Cameo.

So after handcutting all those Scrabble letters mentioned here, I finally took the plunge. I ordered a Silhouette Cameo! Usually I agree with DIYing but cutting out 26 1 inch numbers for an order put me over the top. I always knew this is the tool that would make everything easy but at $300 I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much. I reconsidered after that big order and found a coupon for $40 off so that helped but I also had to remind myself that I have already paid it off through online orders so it would not affect our personal budget. And let me tell you....IT WAS WORTH IT!

It literally takes 5 minutes from start to finish to create the scrabble tiles that used to take about 4 hours.

And now, I feel like I can do anything! It can cut, draw, sketch, creat iron ons, etc. I can't wait to show it off to my Mom and I just know it would be great for your cards Grandma!

Needless to say, I got crafting right away.
I created a new item for my store: Chalkboard Party Cups
They are 24 ounce, sturdy, plastic cups with customizable chalkboard labels.
I think they are adorable for a rehersal dinner, outdoor party, holidays, or any special event. And no, this is not meant to be an advertisement but since you are here, you deserve a litte discount if you choose to partake in ETSY-ness. Enter the code PARTY to recieve a 15% discount on anything in the store!

 I am sure there will be more crafts in my future soon! I'll keep you updated.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds really cool. I would love to see it in action. I am so happy for the time it is saving you!!

    ReplyDelete