Saturday, August 14, 2010

The BIG buy

The day I vitisted Laverty's is the same day that Neil made his big purchase.
I was unaware of this purchase.

I got home and he asked "How would you feel about putting something in that corner"
"It doesn't need anything" I said.
"Well I bought something for it, and its big"
"What? From where?"
"Craigslist"
"Great" I thought, it could be anything.
"Guess what it is"

For some strange reason the first thing I though of was a totem pole...? I don't know why. I guess I was just expecting something ridiculous. And something that would be on Craigslist.

"Its a .... PIANO!" He was soooo excited.

The first thing I thought was, "Where are we going to put it?" I'm sad at my reaction now. I know how excited he was. He went out there to see it and test it and it all worked out. It as a GREAT price and it does appeal to my antiquing side. It was made in 1909 and has been really well taken care of. It matches our furniture and Neil loves it.


Its a little bit crowded now but I'll think of something.



1 comment:

  1. How many rolls of music does it have? I think I can remember paper rolls of music that has holes cut in it. You will have lots of fun playing with this. You can practice playing the piano again, Neil !! Gr. B.

    ReplyDelete