Monday, May 24, 2010

Southern Hospitality

As we were watering our garden the other day, our neighbor invited us over on Sunday to pick blackberries!! I was so excited. I have never picked anything before and I have never tasted blackberries but I was excited for the chance to get to know our neighbors and try something new.

Before we got to pickin, we were given a tour of their property. Our neighbors have about 50 acres and they are beautiful acres. They have a stocked pond, a running track, wild berries, a vegetable garden, a beautiful peacock, a chicken coop, a trampoline, a basketball hoop and a baseball field. It sounds like a great place to raise three boys!

We were given supplies, and a few instructions and headed our. It was hot. We were up to my neck in foliage. The plants have thorns. And I still had fun!

We picked close to a gallon of blackberries! Thats more than I know what to do with but they suggested to freeze some. So let me know if you have any good recipes for blackberry use!


We were pleasantly surprised when we were greeted with exotic iced tea, and two salad options. They have a very talented son whose hobby is cooking large meals on Sunday. We sipped our tea, chatted with our neighbors, and enjoyed the weather.

It was a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment