Saturday, May 22, 2010

LIFE @ 3349

Spring has never been more visible for me than it is this year. It is so obvious and I'm sad that it passed me by every year without notice.

The wildflowers out here are outrageous! They are everywhere and every week, its a new type of wildflower. And I must say, I enjoy picking flowers in our yard for small fresh bouquets around the house. These are a few of the different ones we have had in our yard. ***pictures by Neil***





About a month ago Mom and Dad Shanks came down and helped us with a vegetable garden and I have waited a little while to show it because I was not sure that it would be successful. Well, now I'm all giddy about it because it is growing! and its growing fast. We have not gotten any vegetables yet but its still exciting for a city girl who has never kept anything alive!

We have tomatoes, cucumber, spinach, jalapeno, cilantro, and zucchini squash

BEFORE AFTER



These are the zucchini squash. They even boom yellow flowers.

It has been fun watching it grow but it has resulted in an ongoing water fight. This guy thinks he can spray without consequence.

We have some regulars that hang out in our front yard. Rexx does nothing.

I also planted geraniums about two months ago..... and they are still alive too! Something about the air out here I guess. I have not watered them once, though we have gotten a lot of rain.


Well, these are all new life at 3349. Hope you had a great spring also.

No comments:

Post a Comment