Sunday, June 15, 2014

The art of investing.

The best gift by dad ever gave me was his time.
When I think back on my childhood, it seems that all my memories are wrapped up in him.
It felt like he was there EVERY DAY after school....cause he was.
He was not a teacher, and in fact, spent his workday with other "kids" but he found a way to be there as a coach. It started when I was in first grade and went through my high school graduation.
For basketball and softball. Practice, games, traveling teams, and at home. That is A LOT of time. I wonder how many hours of my life he was actually there. 
2100 days of school ...two hours a day...4200 hours...at least!
 And to be honest, I can't think of a single time that I wished he wasn't. Even through my teenage years, it was kind of a relief to see him in the gym with that whistle in his sneakers. I loved that he tied my shoes before EVERY game until I graduated. He always took that piece of gum out of his pocket to give me just before game time. 



His time was more than enough. I gave me a sense of security and freedom.
Thanks for the lesson on investing, Dad!
Hopefully, your investment is starting to see some return :)

1 comment:

  1. thank you so much Margo, spending that time with you and Magan was worth much more than any father could ask for and i can honestly say i became a better dad-Love You!

    ReplyDelete