Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day Gift #2

We flew to Iowa over Mother's Day so gift giving revolved around fitting it in my suitcase and getting it through the scanners - which it almost didn't!



Teacup candle




This is listed as one of the three crafts I wanted to try someday.

Well what better day than mother's day?!

I followed the directions on the Martha Stewart blog. Here is a super quick tutorial.




1. First, you need two pots, one smaller than the other. You fill the bigger one half way with water and let it boil.


2. When it begins to boil, you take a candle, and place it in the smaller pot which then goes in the bigger pot...confusing, I know. Here is a visual.



3. the candle will burn down slowly. When you can, reach in and get the wick. It will be a liquid solution.


4. The next step is to place a new wick (found at Michael's) at the bottom of the teacup.


5. Then, pour the liquid into a teacup. (I bought mine at Marshall's)


6. Allow to cool.



It clean up was a mess. As soon as you can, wipe up any left over wax with a paper towel.

Do NOT pour down the sink!

I had to scrape tons off my new sink!

No comments:

Post a Comment