Monday, September 5, 2011

My other half



Labor Day weekend of 2008, I was proposed to in a small one bedroom apartment after spending 6 weeks in Belize!
I was just out of college and felt a call to do some of HIS work so I headed out to Belize to work with a mission group. I was so ready, except for the fact that I would leave my boyfriend behind.
Ever since the day we met in September of 2006, we spent everyday together.
So this time away was either going to make us or break us.
Well, obviously you know it ends well :)
I was greeted at the airport by my dad and Neil.
Little did I know that dad had already given his blessing.
The first time we were alone, in apartment 8, he popped the question over pizza, ice cream, and Encahanted.
Simple and so very us.

Labor Day Weekend will always have a special place in my heart.
It is the day I gained my other half.





2 comments:

  1. And we gained a fifth member of our family! Very special weekend indeed!

    ReplyDelete